Ivo Mijo Andrić: Lira
- As many bridges so many songs
- In travels of Evlija Čelebija
- For centuries it stands written
- The fountain of Ibrahim-effendi
- Many poets have written verses about
- The gull that hovers above the Water
- He was and he is the symbol of Freedom
- And their indescribable wish.
- In distich Medžazija sang
- And wrote about bridge of Dervis Pasha
- In third verse Tabija is mentioned
- As midnight light of lamplighters.
- Thanks to Dear God and Allah
- To reconcile banks with Neretva
- To give strength to sower
- And rich harvest to harvester
- Green vision of hope flows
- And Emina holds a water pot
- Is that the sweet cherry fallen
- Into the Water or it is Aleksa’s lira.
- Don’t be quiet Miso, sing
- If not to bridge than to lovers
- Your rimes are fine threads
- And their sounds we can hear
- Even from Rondo.
- And while I write about Mostar
- From the bottom of my soul
- I feel the drops bubble but
- Those autumn rains on the Mostar’s sky
- Sing eternal song about Water.
- Author: Ivo Mijo Andrić, writer, (Čanići near Tuzla, 1948)
- Title: Lira, Sarajevo, 1998
- Source: Magazine Most (Časopis Most), nr. 108-109 (19-20), XI-XII 1998
- Publisher: Association of writers of Herzegovina-Neretva Canton, Mostar
You are here: